Labiaplasty Surgery For Vaginal Rejuvenation in Reston, Virginia
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure to reduce or increase the size of your labia. The surgery is done to improve the appearance of the external portion of the labia majora and labia minora (vulva) and/or to reduce physical discomfort. Many women who are born with an enlarged labia or have this occur after childbirth or as part of the normal aging process, consider vaginal cosmetic surgery to help improve the appearance of these structures.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wendy Gottlieb is highly trained at performing the labiaplasty procedure for vaginal rejuvenation. She will take the time to answer any questions you may have and determine if vaginal cosmetic surgery procedure is right for you. For more information, call our office in Reston, Virginia at (703) 668-9499 and schedule a consultation today!
Who is a Candidate for Labiaplasty?
- Are you looking to improve the appearance of external genitalia and restore self-esteem?
- Do you have excessive labial tissue that causes physical discomfort and irritation during exercise, physical activities and intercourse?
- Are you looking to increase self-confidence and eliminate the visual lines, bulges, or discomfort when wearing body-conforming pants or leggings?
- Are you looking to improve hygiene and health since excess tissue can make cleansing more difficult and can harbor bacteria that can lead to the development of urinary tract infections
If you said yes to any of the following, a labiaplasty may be perfect for you!
About the Labiaplasty Procedure
During a labiaplasty and depending on why it’s being done, your surgeon either:
- Removes some tissue from the labia to reduce its size.
- Injects a filler material or fat into the labia to enlarge it.
This procedure is performed by a plastic surgeon under general anesthesia and in a hospital setting where you will go home the same day or in the plastic surgeon’s office.
Labiaplasty is a standard gynecologic surgical procedure that takes about 60 minutes with you spending about an hour in the recovery room where you are monitored for any postoperative complications
After your surgery there will be some pain and discomfort. Your physician will prescribe medication to relieve pain and antibiotics to prevent infection. You will also be instructed to refrain from exercise and sexual intercourse for at least 6 weeks or until you heal completely. This is very important, sexual activity may cause tearing and incomplete or delayed healing.
An immediate improvement in labia’s shape and size can be seen after surgery. The labia will be smaller and well defined. The results from a labiaplasty for vaginal rejuvenation can be very rewarding – both for the women’s self-esteem and comfort.