Summertime brings out gorgeous flowers, encourages lazy afternoons, and is a time for wearing those fabulous sleeveless maxi dresses. For some women the first two may be true, but for others, there will be no wearing anything sleeveless for another summer season. You know who you are.
You may be embarrassed by the size of your upper arms, but you have a couple of solutions. You can continue to wear cardigans and jackets for another season, or you can consider the benefits of an arm lift or Brachioplasty.
What Is Brachioplasty?
Arm lift surgery or Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure which reshapes the under portion of the upper arm from the underarm to the elbow. Excess skin is removed to achieve the desired improved contour and taut upper arms of your youth. Sometimes known as bat wings, this disproportionate upper arm is both aesthetically unappealing and can present hygiene issues.
The fat, tissue, and excess skin can be removed to give you the upper arm you will want to flaunt. Your upper arm will have a smoother contour, and an arm lift may even improve muscle tone.
Good Candidates For An Arm Lift
There are a number of factors which make certain men and women good candidates for an arm lift.
They include some of the following:
- Genetics: you can exercise till the cows come home, but you will still have that sagging excess skin under your arms. Many women get that “genetic gift” from their mothers.
- Age contributes to skin losing its elasticity.
- If you have lost a significant amount of weight, you can end up with loose hanging underarm skin.
In addition, a suitable candidate must be at a stable healthy weight, be a non-smoker, and have no issues with healing.
Benefits An Arm Lift or Brachioplasty
The benefits of an arm lift can be physical, aesthetic, and psychological.
- It reduces sagging skin and tightens and smooths supportive tissue under the arm.
- Improves your comfort level after weight loss or weight loss surgery.
- Prevents inflammation and rashes due to excess folds of skin which can sometimes lead to infection.
- Eliminates problems with hygiene.
- Improves self esteem.
Of course, any surgical procedure comes with risks, but if you desire the arms you once had (or always wanted), maybe it’s time to find out if you are a good candidate for an arm lift.
Contact Dr. Wendy Gottlieb for a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate of an arm lift and to discuss your personal benefits.